Tips for Attendees, Email #2
Indianapolis, here we come! The AOTA 92nd Annual Conference & Expo is just days away and the following tips will help you be ready to have an exciting and relaxing experience. Please know that this is your final message so please be sure to take the time to read it. Thank you for being part of AOTA's 2012 Conference!
- Please go to Already Registered?on the AOTA Web site to:
- Download available Speaker handouts (not all speakers provide handouts). For instructions on how to download handouts, view the informative video on the Web. Check back frequently for more handouts as they are uploaded daily.
- Learn how to build your Conference itinerary online.
- View session changes and cancellations by speakers.
- Review the online copy of the Conference Program Guide. You will receive a printed copy onsite in Indianapolis.
- Plan to pick up your Conference Program Guide, Conference tote, and badge holder early at the Registration Area, which is located in the WABASH lobby on the main level of the Indiana Convention Center. Be sure to bring the tickets that were mailed to you. Registration opens at 10:00 on Wednesday, 7:00 am on Thursday, and 7:30 am on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Hear what others have to say about Conference by following the blog on OT Connections.
- Speakers of each of the educational sessions you attend need your evaluation. You can do that online in the Cyber Café or on your smart phone. Please take the time to provide this important feedback.
- Bring a pad of paper so you can take notes during sessions. A pen will be provided in your Conference tote.
- Get your Conference experience off to a good start by joining the Special Interest Sections leadership at the SIS Networking Reception on Wednesday, April 25, from 7:30 pm–9:00 pm in the JW Marriott Grand Ballroom 5. The reception is free and open to all attendees.
- Follow @AOTAEvents on Twitter at Conference to be part of the exciting conversations! When you tweet, be sure to use Conference hashtag #AOTA12.
- SIS Roundtable Tickets are free and included with Conference registration. Pick them up in advance at the Information Booth in the Registration Area on Thursday from 12:00 pm–4:00 pm and Friday from 7:30 am–11:30 am. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Are you a First-Time Conference attendee? We want to meet you so please join us for two special events:
- 30-minute tour of the Indiana Convention Center on Wednesday, April 25 at either 3:00 pm or 5:00 pm. Please meet us in the Registration Area on Level 1;
- First-Timers Orientation meeting on Thursday, April 26 from 7:15 am–7:45 am in Sagamore Ballroom 3 on Level 2 of the Indiana Convention Center. Pastries and coffee will be available. (Sponsored by Geico.)
- Dining options are numerous with a wide variety of restaurants within easy walking distance of the Indiana Convention Center. Also, multiple concession stands in the Convention Center will be open for breakfast and lunch from Wednesday through Saturday. Check for signage and hours onsite.
- Be on the lookout for two specialized OT drinks at the Expo Grand Opening and in the JW Marriott bar!
Thank you. We look forward to welcoming you to Indianapolis!
- You will receive a Post-Conference Survey email within 10 days after the Annual Conference & Expo ends. Please be sure to complete it because we value your comments and suggestions.