NEW This Year!
Every year, AOTA asks attendees to fill out an online survey and provide feedback on their experience at AOTA's Annual Conference & Expo. There is an average response rate of 25%. Based upon this feedback, AOTA has made the following changes for 2012:
- New advanced-level educational sessions will focus on best practice for the arthritic hand and adult cognition.
- Sessions with handouts have been made easier to identify In addition, a more concerted effort has been made to ask the speakers to provide some type of handout.
- The onsite Conference Program Guide continues to be streamlined and has new features that will make it easier to use.
- The Web-based Conference program is more robust, intuitive, and user friendly. It has made it easier for attendees to plan their program prior to attending Conference. You can now download the handouts for the individual educational sessions as you build your online program schedule. You also can download the special events in addition to individual sessions, so you can build a complete schedule online. Instructional videos are available to help you use this valuable tool.
- We have changed the times when attendees can obtain tickets for the highly popular SIS Roundtables. In addition, the capacity of each Roundtable has been doubled.
- Conference volunteers can find more helpful information on the AOTA Web site, and the sign-up process to volunteer has been made much easier.
- AOTA is making greater use of social media during Conference, including a Conference blog on OT Connections. We are encouraging attendees to follow us on Twitter, and to post comments on Facebook and the Conference blog.
- AOTA continues to focus on making our Conference greener and more environmentally friendly.
- Speakers are being encouraged to make their sessions as interactive as possible.
- A greater effort has been made to recognize our first-time Conference attendees and make sure all of their questions are answered in a timely manner.
- The Tech Day set up has been reorganized and placed in a larger room in order to allow the attendees better access to the various presentations.
- Attendees are able to make changes to their registration online for the first time this year.
- Four student-only sessions were created.
- AOTA is hosting the first consumer-related session – an expert panel on Arthritis.
- The AOTA Board of Directors is hosting a Town Hall Meeting on the Centennial Vision progress and other issues facing the profession.
About 10 days after Conference, please be on the lookout for an e-mail from AOTA asking you to complete the online Conference survey. Your participation is important for AOTA to continue making improvements to the Annual Conference & Expo.