Practice and Research
- CATs (Critically Appraised Topics) and CAPs (Critically Appraised Papers) (member only, login required)
- Productive Aging Evidence Briefs Series
A product of AOTA's Evidence-Based Literature Review Project. This series provides easy-to-read summaries of articles selected from scientific literature.
- Productive Aging Evidence Bytes
Featured in AOTA's 1-Minute Update e-newsletter. They are designed to connect members with resources and information about the evidence-based practice of occupational therapy.
- Productive Aging Evidence Perks
A quarterly column in OT Practice designed to address the day-to-day needs of occupational therapy professionals to find and use the best available evidence from the scientific literature to inform the clinical reasoning process.
- Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Resource Directory
An online service that links users to Internet sites related to the evidence-based practice of occupational therapy.
- AJOT Article: AOTA member login is required for access to AJOT Online articles. Due to login restrictions, only the topics are included here. Once you are logged into AJOT Online, search for the article titles to read them in full.
- Effectiveness of Occupational Therapy Services for People with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Methodology for the Systematic Reviews on Occupational Therapy for Adults With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Using Occupations to Improve Quality of Life, Health and Wellness, and Client and Caregiver Satisfaction for People With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Effectiveness of Interventions Designed to Modify and Maintain Perceptual Abilities in People With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Effectiveness of Environment-Based Interventions for People With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Effectiveness of Interventions Designed to Modify the Activity Demands of the Occupations of Self-Care and Leisure for People With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Effectiveness of Interventions to Prevent Falls in People With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
Effect of Educational and Supportive Strategies on the Ability of Caregivers of People With Dementia to Maintain Participation in That Role
- Occupational Therapy in the Age of the Human Genome: Occupational Therapists' Role in Genetics Research and Its Impact on Clinical Practice (7/09)
- Dying of Boredom: An Exploratory Case Study of Time Use, Apparent Affect, and Routine Activity Situations on Two Alzheimer's Special Care Units (5/09)
- Awareness of Driving Ability in Senior Drivers With Neurological Conditions (3/09)
- Practice Guideline book: Occupational Therapy Practice Guidelines for Adults With Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders
AOTA Official Documents
Special Interest Sections (SISs)
Return to Alzheimer's Resources main page.